Friday, February 15

Two miles

I had a date tonight. It got postponed. I won't go into too many details about my personal life or how I feel about the date being postponed.

Well here's one thing. I probably slept for three hours this afternoon. I woke up just before 5 and checked my watch/cell phone to make sure they were both telling me the right time. If it had been much earlier, I might have gone back to sleep.

One of the many reasons I haven't been running is that I haven't been sleeping enough.

OK. So then my date was canceled. Since I was pretty tired and groggy anyway, this was disappointing, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. We're going to get together tomorrow.

Here's the important thing. Since my date was off, I decided to go running. Two miles. Kansas Expressway and back.

I ran two miles today. The long drought is over. It sprinkled today. The crops aren't saved but it might start raining regularly again. This is exciting and very good news. I ran two miles today. Spiritually, it almost feels like running 20. I may have stopped making sense but I am very happy.

It's almost like burnout may also be a sort of injury. I don't know exactly how I'll ease back into running, but I'm happy. The journey begins with a step.

--- update ---

Besides running two miles, here's another good reason my date was canceled. I had a flat tire. Well, that's basically been resolved.
Sigh.
Another day, another dollar that I don't have anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home