Monday, February 11

Ice, Ice Baby

So last night I was up late preparing my test for Wednesday and trying to figure out what was happening in my class this morning.
This morning as I was hitting snooze, I heard the radio announcer say that there's no school.
No school for ice isn't quite as much fun as no school for snow.
For snow, for snow, I really wanted to go running in the snow when I went home for Christmas and even since I've been back home.
Back home I haven't been running much lately, haven't been running much anywhere. But soon enough I'll run again. Just don't think I'll take any chances with all this ice we've got out today.

2 Comments:

Blogger MS said...

Yeah, learn from ol' Gimpy over here about what can happen when you decide to go for a run in a little ice.

Actually, I'm doing a lot better and building my miles back up, but there's no way I'll be out today either.

February 11, 2008 1:25 pm  
Blogger bl said...

I just had a good walk to the library wearing my trail running shoes.
In some places, it almost made more sense to run than to walk because of the way the ice crushed under my feet.
but i felt odd running carrying a blue tote bag, wearing jeans and a winter coat.
so i didn't do it much. but it was a fun walk, although slightly treacherous in some places.

February 11, 2008 1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home