Monday, November 5

Picture Time!

I vaguely recall yelling that out to rslight as he passed by one of the several times I saw him (and everyone else) during the Bass Pro half marathon yesterday. Since tangerine was running her first half-marathon on Sunday, I ran the 10K on Saturday...which meant that for the first time I actually got watch a marathon/half-marathon instead of running in one. It was an interesting experience, especially when so many people you know are running in it, and also when you know the course.

Thanks to that I was able to make good time in my car and see tangerine and her friend 6 times in 13.1 miles, and many of those times I saw other Poetic Feeters as well. I also got a chance to cheer loudly for Frank Shorter ('72 Olympic Marathon winner) who was running the half marathon and was in the general vicinity of rslight/bl/Jim most of the race; he seemed surprised somebody recognized him out on the course more than anything else.

Anyway, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so by that logic this is probably going to be the lengthiest post ever on Poetic Feet. Nicely done to everyone who set PRs this weekend, and I had my second-fastest 10K ever, so it was a good weekend all around. Maybe some of the out-of-town contingent will drop in next year...



Start line - Frank's the guy in the hat looking at his watch.




The front of the race. I didn't know it at the time, but these were all half-marathoners.




bl/Jim




tangerine and her friend




Runners on Lone Pine heading downhill




rslight workin' it

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Evans said...

Mark,
Thanks for comming to cheer us on.
Good shots. I noticed everyone seemed to be happy, except I must have been caught yacking at Brian.

November 05, 2007 2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home