Tuesday, October 30

Run to pain

Today's run was good and tough. Basically after a warm-up, I ran two miles at a 7:30 pace. 15 minutes. I had to fight the pain to keep going at the end and it was a mental workout as much as it was physical.

I did a couple of 40 minute tempo runs earlier this year while training for the marathon at 8:00 minute pace. I think that was almost too easy, but today's run on the treadmill was almost too hard. Somewhere in between. But it was good.

I guess all this work at running is part of the whole work in progress that is my fitness.

I'm running a half-marathon this weekend just to gauge my fitness. My dream is to finish in under 2 hours. We'll see how realistic that dream is.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

good luck this weekend.

October 31, 2007 12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home