Thursday, June 21

So I'm here

I've been mostly lurking, but after tangerine took the plunge and signed up, I suppose I couldn't resist. I've commented from time to time on others' posts, but I'll try to post some updates of my own now and again instead of merely reacting to everyone else's.

That said, it's good to be here officially, and I'm looking forward to this fall's Twin Cities Marathon. Based on his times and recent improvement, I wouldn't be surprised if bl finishes there a good deal closer to me than his 1-hour goal. After a hot, sweaty summer of long runs in the Missouri humidity, a marathon on a cool fall morning in Minnesota will feel good by comparison.

I think I'm going to try the 10K in Nixa this weekend; it's been something like 8 or 9 months since I last ran a 10K, so I'll probably get a PR out of it, at least. I have a goal in mind, but whether I hit it will depend on the weather and how my legs are doing. Three weeks removed from the marathon in California they don't feel bad, but I've also only done one run longer than 5 miles in that whole time as well. So we'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger tangerine said...

Ha. I am so glad I have some influence over MS. But he may win this round after all, because he got me into running

June 22, 2007 2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home