Monday, June 18

A new runner, a new writer

OK. I'm not new to writing, but I am new to running, or committing to running, to be more precise.

Thanks to BL to let me share my running stories that, I hope, will lead to my first half marathon this November in this fine city. My blogs won't be as eloquent as BL's posts or as humorous as RS', but they will offer some personal perspectives as I train for my first long-distance run. I am not good at self-discipline, so the forum will help.

I am training with Mo, a coworker, who is as fast (or slow) as I am. We're going to take it easy but gradually build up to 13.1 miles, which I am sure many of you have accomplished countless times. So, it can be done, as I tell myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now it's out in public, so you're committed to running a half marathon...or else you'll face unending shame at the hands of the many readers of this blog. Right?

June 18, 2007 10:28 pm  
Blogger bl said...

For those of you keeping track at home, our two newest contributors, tangerine and ms, are a happily married couple.

What a wonderful institution!

June 19, 2007 10:48 am  
Blogger rslight said...

I'm ready to see Tangerine with that medal around her neck. Bass Pro better have a fancy one.

June 19, 2007 6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home