Thursday, January 25

Get on the good foot

If you're a dedicated reader of this blog, then nothing could be more interesting to you than the status of my foot. I'm referring of course to the left foot that has had some sort of weird phantom pain ever since the middle of August.

Well, my goal was to run the Rock'n'Roll Arizona Marathon. Actually my goal was to run my second marathon an hour faster than my first marathon. The result was that I ran my second marathon ten minutes faster than my first. Hey, a pr is a pr. Now, I want to run my third marathon an hour faster than my second. It's all in the training.

But I digress. Nothing is more interesting to you than my foot. Well, my foot (and the rest of my) will be going to the doctor again on Monday at 9:45 in the morning, central time. Hopefully all will work out well — for my foot and my pocket book.

We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I have been following your foot saga with interest, and worry. Try to go to a doctor who knows a lot about running, and supports running. Many physicians will just tell you to stop, and they don't understand that that's not really an option. I have a friend who, during both her pregnancies, told her ob-gyn that she was not going to stop running during her pregnancies, so if that was a problem for her doctor she would happily find a new physician. Luckily she found a doctor who understood running.

Some sports medicine doctors don't know much about running! They're more familiar with foorball, basketball, skiing...

January 26, 2007 2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home