Tuesday, January 16

Feeling good

Well, it's Tuesday morning. All things considered, I'm feeling pretty good.

My legs are sore, but not too much. I've got a blister on one foot and the other foot has some heel pain.

A two and a half hour flight looms later today. But I'm flying Southwest so it should be a big plane with a fair amount of legroom. So my body shouldn't get too tight in the air.

There's a Frank Shorter quote about how to run a marathon, you have to forget what the last one was like. Your brain can't know what's coming, he said.

I'm definitely forgetting although the struggle of the last three miles. I feel good to have done it and I enjoyed the experience.

Here's the quote that fits more what I'm thinking abour right now.

""Why should I practice running slow? I already know how to run slow. I want to learn to run fast." - Emil Zatopek

I'm definitely going to try to relax and not run too far until the end of February and then I'll evaluate how I'm feeling and what I want to do next.

Now, hopefully, I'll look forward simply to a safe day of travel in the air and on the highways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home