Wednesday, December 6

Six miles

This morning I ran a little over six miles. It was a good run, my longest run yet on packed snow and ice with patches of clear ground. And probably the last one for some time as all the snow seems to be melting.

I was warm and toasty for most of the run until about 40 minutes in my gloves stopped working and my fingers became bone cold. Other than that, it was great. Funny when I came back in, there was frost all over my clothes.

I may need to call the running store and ask what I should expect from these gloves I have. Still, I'm glad I got outside for a good run. If I go running tomorrow though, it will probably be inside on a treadmill.

4 Comments:

Blogger R said...

I did not run today. I did walk. Walk to a party.

And had my blog fixed. Yay!

zmare

December 07, 2006 5:54 pm  
Blogger Cherie Kail said...

Ocho, have you seen the phenomenal mittens with gloves inside? They're finger-ready gloves but have this sort of flap that covers the individual fingers, great for wintry runs. I do not have them and often end up cinching my fingers up in a ball with empty finger spaces dangling. Kind of goofy, makes you look like a quad running! I did the OMRR run tonight after a few miles and some pool time at the gym. My biggest fear is that when grad school starts in January, I won't have time to swim.....but thank the Lord you can run anywhere!!! It was a short run, the OMRR, and slow pace, but entertaining. Also, did you check out the latest Runner's World? An entire section dedicated to great must-do marathons, training tips and goals for the new year. There's a section midway that is about extending training by minutes and then extending them alternately by strenuous output. TTYL

December 07, 2006 7:46 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Congrats on getting the blog fixed.

December 07, 2006 9:43 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Cherie --- I saw the new runners' world but I didn't get so caught up in the articles you're talking about.

I'll have to look again.

December 07, 2006 9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home