Wednesday, December 13

33 days

Almost a month left until Rock'n'Roll Arizona.

I wish I could say that the excitement builds. In a way it does. But there's also the feeling of being a bit rundown. What have I got myself into? What am I doing with my life? Where am I going? I guess those questions aren't just about the marathon, you know. But this is such a big all-consuming goal that I can't do anything else until I do this.

In reality, it's not that far away, either. After running this marathon on Jan. 14, I've got to focus on new goals.

My goals will be run shorter, faster races.
Learn to climb.
Do yoga. Improve flexibility.
Simplify my life. I read something in a magazine article yesterday about getting rid of five things every week. I think that could be a great goal because I also continue to acquire stuff. I have so many clothes that I don't wear, videos and dvds I don't watch, cds i don't listen to.

But right now, first things first. Focus. Rock'n'Roll Arizona.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherie Kail said...

YOUR COLUMN TODAY WAS GREAT! I REALLY HOPE PEOPLE TOOK THE TIME TO READ IT, AND I HOPE SEVENTY DEGREES WAS ENOUGH TO MOTIVATE THEM TO GET OFF THEIR BUTTS....also, I saw Blood Diamond last night....a must-see!

December 16, 2006 8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home