Thursday, November 2

Not running and not reading horoscopes

OK, my plan for not running until after election day continues. It's tough.

And then I read my horoscope today: A pain in your body is most certainly related to your emotions. You might try asking that body part why it needs attention.

That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've read in my horoscope. I keep wanting to just stop reading horoscopes altogether. Or make my own horoscope for everyday. Today is going to be a great day.

Or maybe a fill in the blank page-a-day calendar would be good: "Today will be a great day for ______.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherie Kail said...

Pain is psychological. I have done some study and some self-experimentation. Meditation is key, relaxation, some kind of 'bad' tasty treat, communication face-to-face, church because I really believe in spirituality, but whatever works for you. A time of healing. Read Ecclesiastes 13. I'm going to run again, no matter what. But there's no excuse for any of us to strap on the goggles of an airline pilot when our wings are broken. We have to patch them. We have to be retrospective. We have to give up negativity. Sing loud and do it in public and don't let anyone tell you what they think about it. Better yet, call someone you haven't spoken to in ages and tell them hi for the heck of it. You'll be surprised. I NEVER read horoscpes. No one determines my day. Each day is a gift and each trial we have in that day is going to make us stronger. Life is ten percent what happens and 90 percent how you percieve and respond. Go see Borat if you want a good laugh and don't think about the semantics of it.

November 04, 2006 2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home