Saturday, September 9

Stuck For What?

Today I wanted to run but my body wasn't sure about it. I got a fair amount of sleep, but I think my body might have been good with just lounging a bit more. My body lost.

It was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. I tried to remind myself of this quote from the Camp Marafiki training packet from John Ngugi: "If I feel good then I fun faster no matter what the session. Don't waste good training time - if you feel good then run hard!"

Thing is, I didn't really feel good. I felt OK. But I tried to push it pretty hard anyhow. I ran about 13 miles today and I plan to go about the same distance tomorrow with my training partner Cherie and she'll definitely help me pick up the pace.

I had a pretty decent song stuck in my head today, fragments of it at least. It's called For What by the Tiffany Christopher Band.

Spread some joy. With your life, spread some joy.

Here's a link to a snippet of the song. You can buy the album it's on, the Fourth Annual Spokane Songwriters Festival by clicking on this link.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, do you want to come to bluegrass? there's an empty room you could use... :)

-Rebecca

September 09, 2006 6:56 pm  
Blogger Cherie Kail said...

Well, speaking of getting stuck....I feel stuck in a rut at work, that Gnarles Barkley song is stuck in my head, my mind is stuck on hot mode, my thermostat is stuck on 84, my car is stuck in park, my heart is stuck in limbo, Green Bay is stuck in between a rock and a hard place this year......maybe 15 miles would even things out. My life's stuck in the fast lane, but Way To Go Notre Dame! Now if the Giants and Peyton can pull it off on their home turf...7:15 tomorrow, right after the Cowboys win.

September 09, 2006 10:57 pm  
Blogger bl said...

It's part of looking at things as a poet but I see the phrase -
come to bluegrass and think it has the same amount of syllabes as
come to Jesus.
And it rhymes too.

September 10, 2006 1:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home