Monday, August 7

There's hope

One of the best purchases I've made in a long time is India.Arie's new cd: Testimony: volume 1, Life & Relationships.

I bought it while in Santa Fe and I listened to it both days driving back from camp.
It's always a bit of a gamble when you buy an album you hadn't heard before. But I read a review of it that said the main criticism was that her message was too positive.

Now that I've listened to it, I can say that the message is just right.

There's hope. It doesn't cost a thing to smile. You don't have to pay to laugh. You better thank God for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

Just downloaded "There's Hope." I've enjoyed the samples and on your rec. I'm buying one tune; then perhaps the entire album.

August 07, 2006 3:18 pm  
Blogger Cherie Kail said...

India, even her name bears a soothing effect. She's got a message of love, hope, joy, she's peaceful in the most indwelling portion of her soul. She's about teaching and learning, giving and taking, living in the moment and cherishing past memories, angels and the power of rainy days, beauty in a world that is superficial. Try listening to "Beautiful Surprise" or "Healing". I like "Good Man". She's not easy to compare to another artist, and have you read her bio or visited her website? She is so good to praise others, to lift one another up...that's where great leaders begin.
www.indiaarie.com
The best part of it all is that she's not afriad to dig a little deeper into relationships. The message is, yes, positive and befitting.....a virtuoso!

August 08, 2006 6:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home