Sunday, February 12

Commandment keeping

I've gotten into a routine of reading a passage from the book "Beyond Words: Daily Readings in the ABCs of Faith" by Frederick Buechner as I wait for my computer to boot up. The length of the meditations about matches my wait for the machine to get ready.

In one of the readings, Buechner mentioned something that Emily Dickinson once wrote to a friend: She wrote that "Consider the lillies of the field" was the only commandment she never broke.

I was reminded of that on today's run, about 13 miles in 25 degree weather, a good portion of the run through a neighborhood aptly called Southern Hills. A tough run, but I'm glad I did it.

1 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

The weather channel website says it got up to 40 today while I was out running. But with the windchill it felt like 32.

That windchill factor is important today. It never really felt like it was above freezing today. My fingers were quite cold when I got home.

February 12, 2006 9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home