Wednesday, December 5

What can I do?

I was thinking this morning about a quote from a recent post.

For Ryan Hall, the 25-year-old who just won the U.S. Olympic marathon trials, training is "a way of worshipping. I feel really close to Him when I run," Mr. Hall says. "I can't sing very well, but I can run."


What can I do? I can run. I can write. I can do lots of things. I think I write really well and I can get better. I run in a mediocre fashion, but perhaps I can get better at that too. But what will I do as a job? That's kind of the big question.

Or what do I love to do? I used to love my job. I didn't love it anymore and so I've set out to find something else to do.

I'm taking a few days off. I'm regrouping. But I'm focused too.

Well, I don't want to gaze at navel fuzz too long here.

I saw the US Olympic Team trials on tv. It definitely makes me a Ryan Hall fan, as weird as that word is. It's weird as well to think that as a writer, I have fans.

But when you're doing what you're supposed to do, maybe sometimes that happens.

You can inspire people. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home