Monday, October 1

Coincidence

I got the most recent issue of Runner's World today. On the back page, there's a fellow Notre Dame alumnus. And not only that, but a Notre Dame alumnus who lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the city where I will run my third marathon. Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Alan Page.

"I was the first active NFL player to complete a marathon. My first one, in 1979 in Duluth, was one of those days when you promise yourself that if you ever get done, you'll never do one again."

Page finished in 3:57:39, a time I've dreamt about. I'd link to the interview, except it doesn't seem to be online yet.

Here's another great quote:

"I'm a runner. I'm no longer a football player. I tend not to be one who looks back."

Marathon Sunday gets closer and closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home