Wednesday, April 25

Thinking about a poetry slam

I've been thinking about the poetry slam last week, how I didn't win. Not just thinking about winning, of course, but thinking about what I'll do in the next win.
I'm starting to feel I have some poems to write, some things to say.
But I've also been thinking about this Steve Prefontaine quote that's on the back of one of my race t-shirts that I got: A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts.
I was thinking about playing with the words a bit. Something like - A lot of people compete in a slam to see who gets the most points. I compete to see who has the most guts.
Something like that. Who knows?
But searching for that quote today, I found some interesting variations and elaborations.

A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

I'm going to work so that it's a pure guts race at the end, and if it is, I am the only one who can win it.

I run to see who has the most guts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home