Wednesday, April 18

Poetry slam Thursday

So, this time tomorrow the poetry slam will be over. Will I win? I don't know. But I hope to have fun. And I hope to do my best, present my poems as well as I can.

That's got me thinking about excellence. Thought I'd share some Michael Johnson quotes I found on the internet:

"I have been described as confident or cocky or arrogant. I'll take the first one. My confidence is knowing that I have probably trained harder than anyone I am going to run against. And that is because of self-discipline."

"Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform at our best."

"You must understand, I am not by nature a day dreamer. I try to control, those parts of my life that can be controlled, to plan everything that I want to happen down to the most insignificant detail. I traffic in a world in which fractions of a second separate success and failure, so I'd visualized the 1996 Olympics down to the millisecond. I'd crafted a decade of dreams into ambitions, ambitions into goals, and finally hammered goals into plans."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home