Tuesday, April 24

Why am I here?

The most recent issue of Notre Dame Magazine just came.

More than 20 people answer the question: What am I doing here?

As far as I can tell, none of them are stock brokers or salespeople or anything like that. Several are writers. A friend who is a comedian wrote one of the pieces. And of course there are professors.

Still, it's a good question. Why am I here? Why do I want to go there?

I remember a job interview I once had where the wine columnist asked my, "Why are you here?" When I said I was there to interview for the job that had been advertised, he repeated the question: "No, but why are you here?"

Then I mentioned how his city was much more diverse than the city where I lived and worked at the time. And with that his eyes lit up and he started talking about how it definitely was a wonderful place to live. But I moved away. And now I'm here.

Why am I here? Why do I want to go there?

Perhaps that's the makings of another slam poem also.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear BL,

Your weblog was visited at random. This post has been archived at the BlogBiting Archives.

Yours truly,
Blogbiter

April 24, 2007 10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home