Tuesday, April 10

Running detective and talking deodorant

I read a book called Red Cat recently. It's been advertised a lot in teh New York Times book review. Has about as much redeeming value as an episode of "CSI or Law and Order: Special Victims Unit or NCIS or any of those types of mystery/cops tv shows. Follow this link and the book cover tells you a lot. But it's been advertised in the New York Times book review, as I said, so I figured it must be OK. And it was a good read if still, just like any mystery novel or show.

Except for one thing. The main character, a private investigator, is a runner. Yesterday morning I started reading the book because I didn't think I had enough time to go running before a meeting I had at 8:30. I got to a point in the book where the character said he was going to squeeze in a run and I decided I could do the same.

Interestingly enough, when I got back and got out of the shower, I noticed something else fitting for the blog. My deodorant was talking to me. It was a new thing of deodorant manufactured in such a way that the words "Take the risk" were imprinted on the top of the stick. I'd bought this brand of deodorant (Degree) before, but never noticed that. The other day it was on sale, 2 for $4 and I had another unopened cannister of deodorant. I opened it up and it said, "Go all in."

That brought a smile to my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home