Friday, September 1

Leadership

As always, work has me thinking about the value of good leadership. And so I continue reading about how to make myself better. While reading Maxwell's The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership today, I came across a passage about how good leaders raise the morale in their organization.

Maxwell shared an old poem by Ella Wheeler Wilcox that his mother used to recite to him. I don't know that it's a great poem, but it's definitely a great message.

There are two kinds of people on earth today,
Just two kinds of people, no more I say.
Not the good and the bad, for 'tis well understood
That the good are half-bad and the bad and half-good.
No! The two kinds of people on earth I mean
Are the people who lift and the people who lean.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Congrats on the slam!

September 02, 2006 1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home