Monday, May 29

Embrace the madness!

So I'm about to turn off the computer and stop surfing the internet. Really I am.

But something was on my mind. So I put two words (taper madness) into the google bar.

And voila. There's actually a website called http://www.tapermadness.org/.

Here's the first sentence I read:
Embrace the Madness!

If you're an experienced marathoner, you know what we're talkin' about. You trained hard for months on end. You put in the miles, did the pace runs, the speed work, the cross-training and the long, slow runs. Your body and mind have been stressed in various and sundry ways. Finally, you're ready. In the wait before the race you fret, you obsess, you hallucinate and hyperventilate. That's right, you've got "Taper Madness!"

All of you first-timers...trust us...you'll come to know this condition well. It's the Madness...we all have it. For some of us it's become a perpetual state of mind. But make no mistake, all of us succumb eventually. Embrace the Madness! It's OK, you're among friends. We understand.


Well, OK. Something productive to do on the internet. There's even a link to create a pace band.

I'm not sure if I'll print it out or not, but it's fascinating. Heck, the whole thing is fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home