Monday, May 29

Running movies

A couple of months ago, I sought suggestions for Inspirational sports movies.

But I received no suggestions.

Now, in the last week or so, I've seen Saint Ralph, a great Canadian movie about a teenager trying to win the Boston Marathon.

Then I rented The Ringer from Blockbuster and it was about as good as I expected it to be. It had the Special Olympics Athletes' Motto in it: "Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."

But now, thanks to the Moxie, I've got a new favorite running movie. And the thing is, I didn't even know that running would factor into it so much.

It's an amazing Chinese movie called, The Promise (Wu ji) . That's a link to a Mandarin sight that doesn't show up but so well on my computer. (I guess my browser isn't Mandarin-compatible.) Anyhow, see this film . It's my absolute favorite Chinese movie that features running as a major part of the movie. At the top of the list. And if I were to make a list of my top 10 favorite films, it would most likely be in there. I cannot recommend this movie highly enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home