Wednesday, November 16

Cleaned a lot of plates in Memphis

I don't run with headphones on. Heck, I don't even own an Ipod.

But I'm almost always running to music. Somehow a song pops into my head and the lyrics keep going around.

Sometimes it's just one word or two. But today, one of my favorite songs to sing in karaoke appropriately found it's way in and I know that song so well I can almost sing it without looking at the screen.

Cleaned a lot of plates in Memphis
Pumped a lot of 'tane down in New Orleans
But I never saw the good side of the city
Until I hitched a ride on a riverboat queen
Big Wheels keep on turning
The Proud Mary keep on moving....

something like that...

It was the Ike and Tina version going through my head. Creedence Clearwater Revival is cool, but sometimes you need something a little nice and rough - you know, the way they do Proud Mary.

Do do do do, da do do

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

The Ike and Tina version is definitely better for running--more energy to it.

November 17, 2005 7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home