Friday, December 14

Run for the Ranch

I just registered for my next race today. The Run for the Ranch 5K.

I'm going to take a different approach to this race. I'm going to try to win. On the last day of December, that's a possibility.

At least win my age group. You never know who's going to show up, but there's at least reason for me to try to give it my all instead of running scared.

I will not run scared. I will run fast. I will run to win.

(Now everybody else on this blog, run the 10K, the half or the marathon. This isn't a challenge. I'm just stating what my mental approach for this race must be. I want to win, but I'll take as little competition as I can get.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny thing, i was thinking about the half, but then thought it better to enter the 5k :)

December 15, 2007 1:19 pm  
Blogger Jim Evans said...

I will be running the half or the whole. I have not registered yet and if the weather is awful I may only do the 10K.

You realize that trophies for this race are given for age/gender adjusted scores. There are no age group results just awards for the top ten handicappers in each race. So to "win" you may need to finish very close to the front and you will even be competing against Cherie.

December 15, 2007 1:57 pm  
Blogger bl said...

I'm not running to place. I'm running to win.
It may not happen, but that's my goal for this race.

December 15, 2007 5:36 pm  
Blogger bl said...

However, maybe there's been a change.

Here's what it says on the race form:

ΓΌ Awards: Plaques to Overall and WAVA (age-graded) male and female winners in all events. Trophies to top three in ten-year age groups in all events. All finishers in the half marathon and marathon will receive a medal. All Boston Marathon qualifiers will receive a special award.

December 15, 2007 5:38 pm  
Blogger Jim Evans said...

Cool.
More opportunity.

December 16, 2007 10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home