Sunday, November 5

A comparison

So I came back downstairs to the computer to check the race. It must be almost over.

Here's my favorite update so far:
11:43 a.m.: The men’s race is a pack of nine, led by Marilson Gomes dos Santos and Yego in the front. Also present are Kiogora, Negussie, Tergat, Ramaala, and Nyariki. They don’t look like they’re working very hard.


They don't look like they're working very hard. That's what people said about me when I ran my marathon. Of course, these elite runners in New York are running about twice as fast as I was. C'est la vie.

I'm becoming a faster, stronger, better runner. Providing my foot heals up. I'm definitely heading to the hills on Wednesday after the election and getting some miles in. This not running stuff is hard. I don't know how the rest of the population does it.

3 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

And then the website went down.

I can't find any news anywhere.

I seriously doubt that I'll be this interested in election returns on Tuesday night. Especially since I'm going running on Wednesday morning.

Sleep will be more important than news.

November 05, 2006 11:40 am  
Blogger bl said...

And the winner is Marilson Gomes dos Santos and Yego of Brasil.

Congratulations!

November 05, 2006 11:44 am  
Blogger bl said...

Here's a link to Mr. Dos Santos' bio on the marathon website.

He's a superstar in Brasil. Who knew?

November 05, 2006 1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home