Sunday, April 30

Reasons, cont.

My list of 26.2 reasons why I'm training to run a marathon continues on closer to its conclusion.

Reason No. 22: I'm a hypochondriac. I can always think of something that may be wrong with me. Going to the doctor never really seems to help. I went to the doctor less than a week ago. He said that I'm basically a young, healthy person. I'd like to believe that. I try hard.
And God is looking out for me. I've got to have faith that everything in my life will work out for the best. After all, there's Romans 8:28: we know that all things work together for good to them that love God.
But I also grew up in church and I can't count the number of times I heard it said that tomorrow is not promised. June 3 is not promised. Nor is June 4 or any date in 2007.
I may never have another opportunity to train for and run a marathon. This is a magical moment. I've got to do my best to seize it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home