Sunday, April 30

More from Martin Buber

I was flipping through my old copy of Martin Buber's I and Thou today and found an old piece of paper from one of those page-a-day calendars. Inspirational quotes or something like that. This page is so many years old I can't remember exactly what the theme was. But the quote is appropriate. Always appropriate: "Boldness, more boldness, and always boldness! - George Jacques Danton (Just seemed appropriate to bold that.)

I don't know who Danton is, but a good quote, and it's accompanied by a nice picture of a waterfall.

Anyhow, I've started trying to read I and Thou again, from front to back. The first paragraph is striking: "Man's world is manifold, and his attitudes are manifold. What is manifold is often frightening because it is not neat and simple. Men prefer to forget how many possibilities are open to them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home