Saturday, March 10

Slip Sliding Away

I got in a pretty good workout at the Y today although I'm thinking it would be good to try to fix my ipod shuffle to help me out on the treadmills. A little bit of music sometimes helps break up the miles into more manageable segments. And the tv screens aren't much help at all. Today they were discussing whether Jesus would raise taxes on the rich and if global warming is a billion dollar hoax. Sigh.
I got in the workout I wanted but that's possibly also because I set my sights relatively low and have some running around to do. But it was a good hill workout. Running hills of at least 6 degrees each for one minute.
After the running, I went down to life weights for a few minutes. On the speaker system was one of the last songs I'd ever choose if I was trying to get pumped up.
Slip Sliding Away. But I suppose it was good because it spoke to how I've been feeling lately. And maybe it's uplifting in its own way.


God only knows, God makes his plan
The information's unavailable to the mortal man
We're workin' our jobs, collect our pay
Believe we're gliding down the highway,
when in fact we're slip sliding away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home