Saturday, October 29

Good morning!

A few days ago, I got up to go running. It was about 6:45 in the morning when I hit the road. It was about 40 degrees out and I was aiming to go about five miles or so.

I'm trying to get back in the habit of running first thing in the morning.

I hadn't gone three blocks when a pack of beautiful college age women came running my way. They were bundled up but they were still definitely beautiful. As they got closer, I felt a little self-conscious and decided I should just look straight ahead.

Then as they started to pass me, I heard someone (maybe more than just one voice) say good morning. Doh. I didn't even really have to stare. Both the girls and I were going at such a pace that there's no way I could have stared long. I didn't have but so much breat to say good morning back, but I smiled at the second wave, a little less self-conscious.

One girl in particular smiled back and tripped on the sidewalk.
Part of the reason I prefer to run on the road.

If I'd been thinking about it, I could have concentrated on having enough breath to say, "Good morning" to everybody.
I'm still getting used to running in the cold.

3 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

My blog is not informative.
It is whimsical, introspective and filled with doubt.
I do not yet know how to delete your inappropriate comment, which disturbs me greatly.
What is also irksome is that you insist on posting a grammatically incorrect comment on my blog. I guess if you want to be a human spammer, then subject-verb agreement is not necessary.
Furthermore, I don't give a damn about google positioning.

October 30, 2005 9:05 am  
Blogger R said...

Not only is it a grammatically incorrect comment, but the error is even capitalized!
I think blogger lets you prevent comment spam:
go to "settings" then "comments" and select " Show word verification for comments?" then at least you can make sure it's a real person spamming you instead of a random computer.

October 31, 2005 12:16 am  
Blogger bl said...

in case you're curious, a post from a spammer was up here, and then it was deleted.

November 14, 2005 8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home